Chatham's Summer Reading Club is an opportunity for us to read and discuss a recommended book together as a church over the summer.
For 2023, we're recommending “The Holiness of God” by R.C. Sproul.
From Ligonier Ministries:
“Central to God’s character is the quality of holiness. Yet, even so, most people are hard-pressed to define what God’s holiness precisely is. Many preachers today avoid the topic altogether because people today don’t quite know what to do with words like ‘awe’ or ‘fear.’ Dr. R.C. Sproul, in this classic work, puts the holiness of God in its proper and central place in the Christian life. He paints an awe-inspiring vision of God that encourages Christians to become holy just as God is holy. Once you encounter the holiness of God, your life will never be the same.”
You can also pick up a Summer Reading Club bookmark,
available on the table in the Learning Center and at the Welcome Kiosk in the
Worship Center foyer.
On August 13, we'll have an opportunity to discuss the book together during our regular Sunday School time at 9 a.m. in the Fellowship Room upstairs.
We hope you'll join us in reading this summer!
Previous Summer Reading Club picks:
- 2022: "Love Walked Among Us: Learning to Love Like Jesus" by Paul E. Miller.
- 2021: "Evangelism as Exiles: Life on Mission as Strangers in Our Own Land" by Elliot Clark.
- 2020: "Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers" by Dane C. Ortlund.
- 2019: "Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God" by Timothy Keller.
- 2018: "The Imperfect Disciple: Grace for People Who Can't Get Their Act Together" by Jared C. Wilson.